1. 400 grams beef, cut into well pieces
2. 1/2 cup coconut milk
3. 2 tablespoons sugar
4. 1/2 tablespoon salt
5. 1 cup potato, peel and cut into big chunks
6. 1 tablespoon masaman curry paste
7. 1 tablespoon tamarind
8. 1 cinnamon stick l
9. 1/4 cup cashew
10. 2 pinches cardamom
11. 2 leaves bay leaf
Massaman Beef Preparations
1. Heat coconut milk and masaman curry paste in a pot over low heat, and stir until you see the red oil bubbling up (about 5 minutes),
2.. Add the meat and continue stirring. Add half a cup of water or enough cover all the meat.
3. Add the rest of ingredients, except for potatoes, onion and cashew. Stew for 40 minutes or until beef is getting tender.
4. Add onion, potatoes, and cashews. Let simmer for 30 minutes more (during simmering, if the liquid is very low, add more water). Transfer to a serving bowl.