2 pounds meat (beef, chicken or pork)
1 can coconut milk
8 oz panang curry paste
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons kafir lime leaves (cut into shreds)
1/2 cup basil leaves
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Cut your meat into bite sized cubes. Using a medium to large skillet, pan fry the meat until it is almost done, then remove it and set it aside.
2. Using medium heat, add in four tablespoons of coconut milk, and let it come to a boil.
3. Add in 2-3 tablespoons of curry paste.
4. Put the meat back in, and stir until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
5. Add in half of the remainder of coconut milk. Keep stirring.
6. Add the fish sauce and the sugar.
7. Add in the rest of the coconut milk.
8. When the coconut milk thickens, add in the basil leaves and lime leaves.
9. Give it a taste. You may need to add in more fish sauce or sugar depending on your preference.