2 Bitter Gourds (Momordica)9 pepper
1 tsp. minced coriander root
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup minced chicken or pork
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp. Panang Paste
3 kaffir lime leaves
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves
1 tbsp. sliced red chili pepper
1. Clean the bitter gourd very well. Cut in half. Remove the inside part and rest them in the plate. Soak it in salt water if you want it not to be too bitter.
2. Ground the pepper, coriander root and garlic together. Add fish sauce and mix well with minced pork or chicken as you prefer.
3. Tuck the pork inside bitter guards and steam on boiling water for 10 minutes.
4. After that, pour coconut cream into the pot and put on medium heat. When it’s boiling and has aromatic smell, add Panang paste.
5. Add steamed bitter guard, mix well. Add coconut milk. Wait until it’s boiling again then add kaffir lime leave, fish sauce, and sugar. Make it taste the way you like.
6. Dress with sliced red chili pepper and kaffir lime leavesPanang (Penang) curry is a very popular dish here in the South of Thailand where we are now. The Muslim community really loves curry and there are curries of all sorts here. Cheap! Sorry, not many videos or photos lately since we’re eating out so much… More to come, we just need to get a kitchen first!