We will continue this article by presenting the most important tips about healthy eating:
1. Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, legumes and grains – as these are foods that are high in complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Also, these are low fat and free of cholesterol foods. All of them must be fresh in order to maintain the above mentioned characteristics.
2. Eat enough calories but do not exaggerate – the average recommended daily amount is 2,000 calories but this greatly depends on sex, weight, height as well as physical activity.
3. Drink plenty of water – as you should know by now, 75% of our bodies are made from water so it is a vital part of a healthy diet. The water helps “flush” our entire system, especially the bladder and the kidneys of toxins and waste products.
4. Keep the food portions on a moderate level – especially the foods that contain a high level of calories. We recommend that you don’t supersize any food.
6. Limit the amount of sugary, salty and refined-grain foods – sugar is abundant in a wide variety of foods. In just a year, only one daily 12-ounce can of soda (160 calories) can increase your weight by 16 pounds. This says a lot.
7. Don’t get paranoid – with other words, you can still eat your favorite sweets as well as fried foods but keep them on a moderate level.
8. Sports! – a very healthy diet will improve your energy and at the same time reduce the risk of many diseases. By adding physical activity, you will be in top shape in no time.
9. Take things nice and slow – developing all new food habits is way easier if you take one food group at a time. No need to rush.
10. Eat early and often – by having a healthy breakfast you can jumpstart your metabolism and eating the majority of your daily caloric allotment early in the day gives your body time to work those calories off.
All things considered, eating healthy isn’t rocket science and at the same time it doesn’t impose tremendous efforts, take things nice and easy and you will develop and maintain a very healthy living style.