- 3 meaty crabs
- 1 cup ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. minced coriander root
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. fine breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cooking oil
coriander leaves and shreds of red spur chilli
Thai Sea Food Blog : Preparation
1. Wash the crabs and then steam them whole. When done, remove all the meat, saving the shells for stuffing.
2. Knead together the crabment, port, coriander root, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, salt, and one egg. When well mixed, pack this filling into the crab shells.
3. Pour the oil into a frying pan and place on medium heat.
4. Beat the remaining egg well, dab the beaten egg onto the exposed surface of the filling, and then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
5. When the oil is hot, put the crabs into it with the exposed surface of the filling downward. When the surface of the filling turns golden brown, lift the crabs from the oil, drain, garnish with coriander leaf and chilli shreds, and serve with chilli sauce.