Here's what you want.
12 large shrimp, cooked, shelled, deveined and tails left intact.
2 teaspoons wasabi powder.
One 5-ounce fillet of fresh tuna (sashimi).
1 large roasted seaweed sheets; nori. cut into 12 bars.
Soy sauce to taste.
2 cups uncooked short grain Japanese rice.
2-1/2 cups cold water.
4 tablespoons of white vinegar.
2 tablespoons sweet sake or sherry wine.
2 tablespoons white sugar.
1 / 2 teaspoon salt.
1. Use a colander and rinse sushi rice (rice) several times under running water. To drain for 5 minutes.
Cook rice in a rice cooker. After cooking the rice sweat. 'In the oven at least 10 minutes without removing lid.
If you do not have a rice cooker to make rice in a saucepan and fill with water 1 "above the rice. Cover and simmer over low heat without stirring for 18-20 minutes. When done remove the pan from the heat and set aside covered for 10 minutes.
2. In a small sauce pan, add interest. (Or sherry), sugar, salt and vinegar. Bring to a boil then remove from heat to cool.
3. Rice spoon, remove from the oven or pan in a large bowl or dish. Pour vinegar mixture over the rice and fold gently to evenly distribute the vinegar taste. Cool rice to room temperature before the next step.
4. The amount of one tablespoon of rice in your palm.
Gently squeeze a clump of rice into a rectangle. Repeat until rice is used. You will do about 24 ovals.
5. - - For sushi, shrimp (ebi nigirizushi) - -.
Mix wasabi powder with water to make paste.
Shrimp in the bottom of the wound and are careful not to cut all the way through. Gently smooth out the semi-shrimp.
Brush a little wasabi on the rice clump clumped rice with shrimp above 12 each.
6. - - For Tuna Roll (akami gunkanmaki) - -.
Tuna fillet, cut into twelve (w) 3 / 4 "strips x (l) 1-1/2" x 1 / 8 "(thickness).
Clumps of rice on each of the 12 remaining with the tuna. Wrapped around the rice and tuna rolls with seaweed wrap.
Note: For security reasons, place the rice on the seaweed piled up on the top floor, one end of the bar after wrapping sushi.
7. Sushi with soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi side. The 24 British; 12 shrimp 12 rolls.